Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bashing on the competition? (Well maybe a little...)


I've hosted two open houses this week in vacant properties that are listed by other Realtors. Now I dont want to use this as an opportunity to totally "bash" on the competition, but I do have a couple of observations that I would like to share. As a Realtor you have a responsibility to your client to try and sell their house in a timely fashion and at the best possible price. This will not happen so much if every smoke alarm in the house is beeping, nor will it happen if the front room looks like a scene from an Indiana Jones movie (dead spiders, cockroaches etc). When I am selling your vacant property I can assure you of certain things. The house will be clean, it will be vacuumed, it will not have dead scorpions in armchairs. Smoke detectors will have batteries AND I also offer  a free staging service, this means that although the house wont be fully furnished, it will have candles, plants, ornamental styling that will help to show your home and present it as something more than just a dusty empty house. Real Estate is like anything else in life, if you want to sell it, make sure its priced well and that its presentable!

No comments:

Post a Comment